CADDS Group is a privately owned, multi-disciplined design and consultancy service. The primary business units are Engineering and Design, Architecture, Energy, Compliance and Product Design. Management and administrative functions support the production divisions to ensure a holistic approach to the design and consultancy services.
The Product Design team is responsible for exploring and developing new product ideas from concept to completion for both CADDS Group and external stakeholders. The Product Design team consists of the Product Design Manager, Senior Product Designer and Product Designer.
The Product Designer is accountable to the Product Design Manager for:
- Product design and development work as assigned from concept to completion;
- Review design with Senior or Manager before proceeding with next phase;
- Administration activities as required;
- Provision of solutions to meet project scope.
- Good verbal and written communication.
The Product Designer is accountable for:
- Completing projects as assigned;
- Ensuring efficiency and accuracy of work produced;
- Ensuring Product Design Manager is aware of progress;
- Management of workload to ensure project deadlines are met;
- Escalation of issues to Product Design Manager and other relevant parties;
- Provide support as required to Product Design Manager and Senior Product Designer; and
- Producing accurate research and information packs including sketches, photos, existing product details, and maintaining records of resources used for information.
- Prototype review reports and updates.
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualification in Product Design or a related discipline;
- 2+ years Product design and development experience;
- Exposure to client/manufacturing communication and/or methodologies;
- Creative aptitude and ability to think laterally; and
- Solution driven.
- 3D Modelling, Rendering and detailed drawings in SolidWorks;
- Presentation skills - Adobe In design illustrator.
Salary to be discussed and determined on candidates experience.